New Zealand Privacy Act 1993
For the state of New Zealand, Eduwonka abides by the below provisions of Purpose, Source and Manner of Data Collection, Data Retention, Data Usage, Storage and Security, Data access, Data correction and Data accuracy listed out in the 12 Principles of New Zealand Privacy Act of 1993.
Any personal information supplied will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided or permitted by the Privacy Act 1993 or otherwise required by law.
1. Eduwonka collects information for a lawful purpose, related to any one of Its functions and the collection of information is necessary to execute one of more of those functions. Also, Eduwonka hereby declares that the information collected directly supports the business functions and without which, the business would be directly hit as it was reasonably necessary to collect it.
2. Eduwonka is responsible for managing the information under its custody. Security of the information by authorizing access only to valid users is also Eduwonka’s obligation.
3. Eduwonka hereby declares that it collects information directly from individuals concerned. The information will not be used in a form that leads to identification of the individual, will be used in statistical research and published in a format that does not lead to singling out individuals an identification of individuals concerned. Also, Eduwonka’s collection of information is in accordance with the authority granted in Section 54 of the Act.
4. Where it is not possible for Eduwonka to collect information directly, it abides by the range of exceptions, wherein non-compliance was necessary to avoid prejudice to the maintenance of the law by any Public Sector agency, for enforcement of law imposing a pecuniary penalty, for protection of the public revenue, or for the conduct of proceedings before any court or tribunal (being proceedings that have been commenced or are reasonably in contemplation).
5. Eduwonka uses 'Publicly available information', defined in the Privacy Act, that can be information in a magazine, book, newspaper, public register, or other publication that is (or will be) available to members of the public. This can include internet sites that are available to the public, such as social media sites.
6. While collecting Personally Identifiable information from an individual, Eduwonka makes sure that the Individual concerned is aware of his information being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected, the intended recipients of the information, name and address of the recipients of the agency which is collection and holding the information of the individual. Eduwonka also makes sure that the individual is aware, that if the information is being collected by an authority or is required under law, of the law under which the collection is being is required or authorised or whether or not the supply of information by that individual is voluntary or mandatory, the consequences (if any) for that individual if some or any part of the requested information is not provided and the rights of access to and correction of personal information provided by these principles.
7. Eduwonka does not collect personal information or collect personal information by another agency, by unlawful means, unfair means or means that intrude to an unreasonable extent upon the personal affairs of the individuals concerned.
8. In case Eduwonka is seeking help from external agencies for information collection and retrieval, Eduwonka will make sure that the agency will abide by the surety that the information is protected by security standards against loss, access, use, modification, disclosure, except with the authority of the agency that holds the information and other misuse. If it is necessary that the information is given out to the person in connection with the provision of service to the agency, everything within the power of the agency is done to prevent the misuse of the information through unauthorised use and disclosure.
9. Information of people withheld with Eduwonka is held in a retrievable format and the individuals are entitled to the confirmation that Eduwonka holds such personal information and have access to that information. The individual at any point may request for correction of that information. The application of this is in accordance with the provisions of the principles 4 & 5 that talk about “Manner of collection or Personal Information” and “Storage and Security of Personal Information”.
10. The individuals whose personal information is held with Eduwonka are entitled to request correction to the information and attached to the information, a statement of the correction sought but not made. Eduwonka in Custody of Personal information, if requested by the individual concerned to correct that information in the circumstances to ensure that the information is accurate, up to date, complete, and not misleading - and will be used for purposes for which it is lawfully meant to be used, will oblige accordingly.
If, Eduwonka is not able to or willing to correct the Personal information upon the request of the individual, it will take reasonable steps to add pieces of information that will be read along with the information that will reflect the information change by that individual.
When Eduwonka has acted as per the above two subclauses, if practicable – Eduwonka shall inform each person or body or agency to whom the personal information has been disclosed of those steps. When an individual makes a request for correction, Eduwonka shall inform the individual concerned of the action taken as a result of the request.
11. Any personal information withheld by Eduwonka shall not be used without taking such steps (if any) as are, in the circumstances, reasonable to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which the information is proposed to be used, the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant, and not misleading. In any case Accuracy of the information will be withheld and maintained.
12. Eduwonka holding personal information shall not keep that information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information has lawful usage.
13. When Eduwonka collects a particular information, it will not use it for another purpose unless it believes that the source of information is a publicly available publication and will not be unfair or unreasonable to use the information or the use of the information for the other purpose has been authorised by the individual concerned.
When Eduwonka does not comply with the above, it is in the circumstances to avoid prejudices to the maintenance of the law by any public sector agency including the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution and punishment of offences; or for the enforcement of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty or for the protection of public revenue or for the conduct of proceedings before any court or tribunal (being proceedings that have been commenced or are reasonably in contemplation). Exception to the above is also done by Eduwonka, in case the information is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to public health and public safety, the life or health of the individual concerned OR in a form in which the other concerned is not identified or is used for statistical or research purposes or will not be published in a form that could reasonably be expected to identify the individual concerned.
14. Eduwonka does not disclose the personal information of an individual, unless it believes that the disclosure of the information is aligned with the purpose for which the information was collected, or the source of the information is publicly available and given the circumstances it would not be unfair or unreasonable to disclose the information. The disclosure of the information is about the individual or is authorized by the individual.
Non-compliance is necessary for avoiding prejudice to the maintenance of the law by any public sector agency including the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution, and punishment of offences; for the enforcement of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty. For the for the protection of the public revenue or for the conduct of proceedings before any court or tribunal (being proceedings that have been commenced or are reasonably in contemplation).
Eduwonka would disclose the information if it is necessary to prevent a serious threat to:
• public health or public safety or the life or;
• health of the individual concerned or another individual or;
• the information is necessary to enable an intelligence and security agency to perform any of its functions or;
• the disclosure of the information is necessary to facilitate the sale or other disposition of a business as a going concern.
It may also be disclosed in a form in which the individual concerned is not identified or the information disclosed to be used for statistical or research purposes and will not be published in a form that could reasonably be expected to identify the individual concerned.
15. Eduwonka does not assign unique identifiers to individuals unless it is mandatory for us to carry out one or more of our necessary functions. Assignment of Unique identifiers is done for individuals whose identities are established. Eduwonka does not require the individuals to disclose any of the unique identifiers unless the disclosure is for one or more purposes for which the unique identifier was assigned or related directly to one of those purposes.